British

14 Man England Under-16 Squad for Spain Series Named

March 18, 2013 9:09 am 9 comments

Josh Steel

Head coach Andreas Kapoulas has named his fourteen man England Under-16 squad that will head to Madrid at the end of March to play a two-game series against the Spanish Under-16 side.

The team will be holding a training camp at Palacio Multiusos Guadalajara from 28th-31st March, doing two -a-days whilst facing off against Spain twice as they prepare for the Division B U16 European Championships in Bosnia & Herzegovina this summer.

“The trip to Spain is the first one in a series of competitive fixtures that we are arranging to prepare our squad for the European Championships this summer,” said Kapoulas. “Both games will give the opportunity to our players to experience European basketball at its best and will give us an indication of the areas to focus in the months to come.

“To be invited by a top programme such as Spain for a series of games is a big honour and shows how much respect the England U16s programme has gained with their participation in the Div A European championships last summer.”

The squad list is as follows:

England Under-16 Fourteen Man Squad for Spain

Denzel Ubiaro

Centres
George Calvey
Sam Japhet-Mathias
Freddie Ratliff
Malik Eichler

The team will later be heading to Denmark for a tournament at the end of July, whilst their European Championship campaign will tip off  on August 8th against Romania.

Adam March 18, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Ratliff not Ratcliffe

Sam Neter March 18, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Thanks for the heads up – edited.

Adam March 18, 2013 at 1:08 pm

No worries. Keep up the good work.

joseph shooter March 18, 2013 at 8:29 pm

it wouldn’t hurt to have a team photo instead of josh steel

Sam Neter March 18, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Obviously if I had a team photo I would use one.

I need an image with every post I publish because of the way the site is set up (main image slider, image thumbnails for posts on category pages etc), because no images are available (EB do not do press releases or have any type of media section), I have to rely on images I have from footage I’ve filmed.

The only player on that list I have an image of in my media library that is accessible is Josh Steel – hence why all the posts about this group uses Josh Steel.

Feel free to send me a team photo (if one even exists) and I will happily use it.

Danny Boy March 18, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Hoopsfix Sponsors Barking Abbey or the other way around…….. You must know that!!!!

JB March 18, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Joseph Norman didn’t make the list, big surprise for me

Sam May 19, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Japhet-Mathias not Jephet Matthias. Thanks

Sam Neter May 21, 2013 at 10:00 am

My bad – I’ve updated it. Went with the list I was sent, and assumed it was right…will make sure I double check in future.