I’ve always been one to just take action and get started instead of wasting time making sure everything is perfect (things will never be perfect, and you lose valuable time to get feedback from the people that actually matter by putting it out there!), so here is a very rough episode 1.
The production values are still lacking (and will be fine tuned over time – hopefully you’ll see the progression from episode to episode) and I’m learning as I go – for example, I will never be recording an interview in a pub again!
I got the chance to sit down with England Basketball’s new Independent Chair, Jan Hagen, the week before last (Thursday 7th February) and talk about his new role and his plans over the coming year. He had a lot of interesting things to say and I think it makes a great place to start the podcast.
In the inaugural episode, hear from Hagen on why:
- He is going beyond his role as Independent Chair right now to try to sort out the sport.
- He thinks England Basketball and British Basketball need to be seen and treated as one entity.
- There needs to be widespread personnel change throughout England Basketball within the next year.
- The country needs a credible pro-league and the BBL needs to be sorted out.
- Proper structural change has to happen within the next 6-8 months.
- He will leave his position if he is unable to make the widespread change he is rooting for.
As always, I’d love to get your feedback (apologies about the background noise, I know it’s a pain in the ass), come back after you’ve listened and lets get some discussion going in the comments.
The show has been approved on iTunes – find it here and please subscribe to automatically receive new episodes straight to your phone/computer/tablet (ignore the BBC 5 Live podcast it has automatically pulled in on iTunes, I’m working on getting it removed)!
Without further ado, Episode 1:
Join the 8000+ others who follow Hoopsfix and subscribe.