The London 2012 Olympic semi-finals are set as four exciting quarter finals games were played out on Wednesday at the North Greenwich Arena, London.
Spain will take on Russia in one semi-final, whilst Argentina will face USA in the other on Friday at the same venue.
Russia beat Lithuania 83-74
Spain beat France 66-59
- Russia’s Sasha Kaun wins the award for ugliest free throw form at the Olympics.
- Disappointingly, a change in venue didn’t prevent a there being a ton of empty seats throughout the games.
- Talking of the change of venue, from a media perspective, the o2 is so much better – we’re so much closer to the court, we can see players’ faces/expressions, makes the whole thing a lot more interesting.
- After beating Brazil, Argentina stayed out on the floor celebrating and applauding their fans – was great to see.
- Highlight of the day was Barbosa’s anklebreaker on Nocioni, honourable mention goes to LeBron for his no-look, behind the back pass through Australia’s Baynes’ legs to Carmelo for the and-1!
- Batum’s punch on Navarro was just crazy (and seemingly so out of character?). The refs were letting it get way out of control, but regardless, it was inexcusable and I still have no idea how he didn’t get ejected. Batum took to Twitter afterwards to apologise.
- As a friend said to me earlier – when you sit back and think about it, it’s all pretty surreal that all this basketball is happening right here in London. Madness!
Let us know your predictions/what you think of the games so far in the comments!
Join the 8000+ others who follow Hoopsfix and subscribe.