Game 1 – Wales vs Scotland
Scotland made it 2 wins from 2 games as they sealed a 78-50 over Wales.
The Scottish side jumped out to a 14-2 lead in the first 5 minutes of the game and didn’t relinquish their lead the rest of the way to take the victory, led by 17 points from Ben Warrington. Rowan Kane added 13, whilst Mark Reynolds and Callum Nicol had 10 each.
Wales were led by Hobbis’ 10 points, whilst Winnettt added 8.
Game 2 – England vs Northern Ireland
Despite Northern Ireland looking like a completely different team to yesterday, it still wasn’t enough to overcome the heavily favoured England side who won 103-62.
Jamell Anderson was absent with BBL duties to attend to, but it made little difference to the outcome as England once again got every player on the scoresheet.
It was Brunel’s Louis Sayers who carried the team for the first half, scoring 20 of his 22 points, whilst missing only one field goal (!), whilst Courtney Van Beest added 15 for England. Zach Gachette (13) and John Stewart (11) joined them in double figures.
Northern Ireland were once again led by Darryl Shazier who had 24, whilst both Aodhan Hickey and Marty McDonald added 11 each.
- Northern Ireland’s Darryl Shazier has been their best player of the tournament so far, had some nice crossovers, drives and finishes to the basket today against England.
- England starters: Seeley, Cope, Wollbrinck, Hinnenkamp, & Van Beest.
- Louis Sayers is so nice with it. Put on a clinic in the first half – has the nicest finger roll in the UK!
- Northern Ireland came out and proved England weren’t invincible in the opening stages of the first quarter - England’s matchup with Scotland tomorrow will be their toughest test so far, by far.
- Schedule for tomorrow – 10am Wales vs Northern Ireland, 12pm Scotland vs England
- Follow Hoopsfix on Twitter and like us on Facebook for regular updates tomorrow.
Join the 8000+ others who follow Hoopsfix and subscribe.